Stop climate change: follow the leaders!May 3, 2007 at 1:27 am | Posted in Climate action, Climate change, Environment, IPCC, Optimism, Panda, Positive, WG3, WWF | 1 Comment
SUCCESS STORIES FROM THE CLIMATE CHANGE FRONT
WWF promotes policy frameworks for action:
- Thailand – the switch from coal to renewable energy
- Philippines – The Renewable Energy Law finally sees the light
- UK – planning for 200,000 zero carbon homes annually from 2016
- Australia – Legal win forces CO2 consideration in planning procedures
- Brazil – the right law could save US$15 billion, create millions of jobs, and help the climate
- Europe – Emission trading as main tool to reduce industry emissions
Business and industry partner with WWF to reduce carbon emissions:
- World – Climate Savers businesses reduce their absolute carbon footprint
- Netherlands – More than one millions consumers have the Climate Credit Card
- World – The Gold Standard: a label to guarantee good offset projects
- India – Power company discovers energy efficiency
YOU can do it – WWF inspires individuals to take action:
- Switzerland – Share cars and improve climate, your mobility and your purse!
- Europe – TopTen helps you find the most energy efficient appliances, from fridges to cars!
- China – 20/20 campaign rallies consumers behind energy efficiency target
- UK – Unpluggit! One person can make a difference
- Australia – EarthHour is fun and puts politicians on the spot!
- Europe – Guaranteed Green energy at your finger tips
- World – Believe it or not: the Kyoto Protocol is a success
🙂 16 WWF Climate Actions with Governments, Businesses and Individuals from around the World
Plus a bonus action!
Extract from the WWF document released today, Thursday 3 May 2007, entitled:
Don’t miss this topics covered in full here:
- WWF document PDF (same as linked to document title).